£30 plus VATBuy Now
CPD Time: 1.5 hours
Duration: 1 hour
This video will look at both the regular completion day problems and also the more unusual defaults from the perspective of a residential conveyancer.
The underlying contractual position will be analysed and the relative strengths and weaknesses of the approaches explained together with suggestions as to how the issues might have been mitigated or avoided if anticipated. Topics covered will include:
- Late delivery of the monies by Buyer or late vacation by Seller
- Completions that happen a day late
- Completions that never happen
- Notice to Complete – form, service and effect
On completion of this video you should be able to:
- Understand the underlying issues behind completion day crises
- Have the ability to advise the client accurately in the heat of a completion day crisis
- Identify where action can be taken earlier to avoid blame attaching to the conveyancer
Andrew Crawford lectures extensively around the country and brings his experience in private practice to make the law relevant to practitioners. Andrew brings the law alive with a touch of humour and cynicism and makes the theory relevant to the practical problems faced by hard pressed conveyancers at the coal face – always mindful of the need and difficulty of making conveyancing profitable. Andrew’s training company AAC Law Ltd is a recognised SRA CPD Provider. Andrew co-writes the Law Society CQS On-line training modules jointly with Prof Peter Reekie.
£30.00 + VAT