Care Fee Funding and the £86,000 Cap: What Difference Will it Make to Our Clients?
£25 plus VATBook Now
Speaker: Cate Searle
CPD Time: 1 hour
Duration: 1 hour
In early September 2021, the government announced the latest in a series of proposed caps on the amount that any person will have to pay for care costs in their lifetime. Scheduled for implementation in October 2023, the proposed cap is £86,000. How does this affect the advice that we are giving to clients now about their future care arrangements?
- Overview of the main paying for care rules in England and in Wales: means testing
- Care home costs and care at home costs
- The care cap: section 15 Care Act 2014 and what will be different
- Calculations: how much will our clients have to spend before they reach the £86,000 cap
- What our advice needs to capture: positive changes and potential tensions
Cate Searle, Director and Head of Community Care Law – Martin Searle Solicitors
£25.00 + VAT