DEALING WITH PROPERTY INSOLVENCY IN 2021: MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
£25 plus VATBuy Now
CPD Time: 1 hour
Duration: 1 hour
2020 was a very challenging year for the economy and, sadly, 2021 seems set to follow in the same vein. Corporate failures make the business news very regularly and particularly in the hospitality and retail sectors. To seek to counter this, in 2020, the Government introduced the most comprehensive changes in insolvency law since 1986. Battle lines continue to be drawn between landlords and tenants and a number of commercial landlords have strongly criticised the actions of their tenants in seeking rent reductions through the utilisation of insolvency procedures.
Against this backdrop, professionals in the property sector have a very important job to do to seek to protect their clients’ interests.
This session will encompass a tour around these issues including:
* The state of the economy and crystal ball gazing for the rest of 2021
* The new Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act and its consequences for the property sector
* Company Voluntary Arrangements – a legitimate option for commercial tenants or an abuse of process?
* The nuclear option of seeking to liquidate your commercial tenant- is it worth it?
* The boot is on the other foot- my landlord is going bust. What are my options?
Stephen Allinson, Solicitor and Licensed Insolvency Practitioner, Non Executive Chairman of the Board of The Insolvency Service.
£25.00 + VAT