Insolvency in the Property Sector – A Right Royal Battleground
£25 plus VATBook Now
Speaker: Stephen Allinson
CPD Time: 1 hour
Duration: 1 hour
For the last two years those working in the property world have faced countless professional challenges and financial matters have often been at the centre of those issues. Commercial landlords and tenants have often seemed to adopt polarising positions and the Government has brought in a number of statutory controls to keep the retail sector, in particular, alive.
This session will explore these and other insolvency matters from the point of view of the property professional and look at some key themes that have emerged.
Areas to be covered will include:
- The state of the economy: are we seeing green shoots of recovery or not?
- The rise of the retail CVA- a proper rescue remedy or a debtor’s charter?
- Pre-packaged administrations: 2021 toughened up the rules, but do they protect creditors enough?
- Corporate restructurings- new procedures exist, but can the landlord be ignored in them?
- Enforcing property debts by insolvency proceedings – can you press the button?
- Tips and tactics to best advise your clients in this crucial area
Stephen Allinson, Solicitor and Licensed Insolvency Practitioner, Non Executive Former Chairman of the Board of The Insolvency Service
£25.00 + VAT