LEASE EXTENSIONS: AVOIDING THE PITFALLS
£25 plus VATBuy Now
CPD Time: 1 hour
Duration: 1 hour
The Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 gives a flat tenant a valuable right to ‘extend’ its lease – but this valuable right can be fraught with problem areas for both tenant and landlord. This session will look at a number of the trickier problem areas and how to avoid them, including:
- Why not variation or informal lease extension?
- Avoiding ‘deemed withdrawal’ – understanding the timetable – and where to find it
- Two years ownership –what does that mean: buying a lease, joint tenants, shared ownership
- Landlord at law; tenant at law – why it’s important to get this right and what happens if you don’t
- Changing lease terms: How? When? What?
- Costs: must you always pay, and how much?
Sarah Thompson-Copsey, Non-Practising Solicitor, Legal Lecturer and Trainer
£25.00 + VAT