Level 2: Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and Child Protection: Online: 25th February 2022
£79 plus VATBook Now
Time: 09:30 - 13:30
Speaker: Kevin Morgan
CPD Time: 4 hours
- THE DEFINITION OF CHILD ABUSE
- WHO ARE VULNERABLE ADULTS
- THE DEFINITION OF ABUSE OF VULNERABLE ADULTS
- FORMS OF ABUSE
- RISK FACTORS THAT CAN LEAD TO ABUSE
- INDICATORS OF ABUSE (ADULTS AND CHILDREN)
- RESPONDING TO A CHILD OR VULNERABLE ADULT WHO TELLS YOU THEY HAVE BEEN ABUSED
- HOW TO RECORD ABUSE
- REPORTING ABUSE
- THE 5 PRINCIPLES OF THE MENTAL CAPACITY ACT
- TRIGGER THE LEAD TO AN ASSESSMENT
- MENTAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENTS
- BEST INTEREST DECISIONS
Do I need Level 2 training? Level 2 safeguarding is legally required by all staff who have regular contact with patients, their families or carers, or the public.
In a joint statement from the BDA/BSPD it was said “the majority of dentists and dental care professionals will require level 2’.
The level 2 legal requirements can be met by completing a 4 hour course every 2 years.
Our course gives you a CPD certificate for 4 hours (2 hours adults and 2 hours children) which will be valid for 2 years.
This half day Level 2 safeguarding course, will provide an awareness of child protection and safeguarding for young people and vulnerable adults, including risk factors that may lead to abuse and indicators of abuse.
It will teach you how to respond to those who have been abused, reporting process, record keeping and awareness of the legislation pertaining to safeguarding adults children and young people.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
By the end of the course participants should:
- Understand what is meant by the term Vulnerable Adult and know the forms abuse may take
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse, know what to do and what not to do in the event that an allegation of abuse has been made or is suspected.
- Be able to identify possible indicators of child abuse; know how to respond if a child confides in you/discloses information that prompts you to suspect abuse
- Know how to make a referral to children’s social care
- Understand the need for good record keeping and documentation
This talk satisfies the GDC’s learning outcome:
- A – Effective communication with patients, the dental team, and others across dentistry, including when obtaining consent, dealing with complaints, and raising concerns when patients are at risk
The course will give you 4 hours towards your Level 2 training.
Kevin Morgan is a professional CPD instructor covering areas such as safeguarding vulnerable adults, child protection and the Mental Capacity Act. He delivers training programs from level 1 up to level 3 in safeguarding vulnerable adults and child protection and has delivered in-house training to over 300 dental practices in and around the UK. Kevin has been delivering regulated and bespoke CPD programs to the dental sector for over 10 years in many topics and holds teaching and instructor qualifications in all the subjects he delivers.
£79.00 + VAT