Older People’s Benefits, Allowances and Pensions – The Boring but Essential Bits
£25 plus VATBook Now
Speaker: Gary Vaux
CPD Time: 1 hour
Duration: 1 hour
Understanding the benefit system, especially at a time of constant change, is a tricky task, and almost a full-time job in itself. But having just a simple working knowledge of what is out there – and what some of the problems might be – is essential if your elderly clients are going to get the best possible service from you. This session will cover:-
- The basic rules for getting a State pension and how to increase it – especially for those who are maybe owed ££££’s
- Disability benefits – do you know your PIP from your AA?
- Benefits for carers – when to claim carers allowance, when not to and when to claim knowing the claim will fail
- Housing costs – what’s happening with council tax, rent and housing benefit – and when did the DWP become a Loan Arranger?
- New methods of benefit claiming and delivery, as well as new terminology such as ‘mixed age couples’ and LEAP
- The impact of savings
Gary Vaux, freelance trainer, writer and broadcaster, and Head of Money Advice, Hertfordshire County Council
£25.00 + VAT