The HomeBuyer Report and the Building Survey: Helping Your Clients See the Clear Blue Water
£30 plus VATBuy Now
CPD Time: 1.5 hours
Duration: 1 hour
‘What is the real difference between the HBR and BS’ is a common question at our residential conferences. If experienced practitioners ask this question, it is not surprising members of the public are confused when they ask a residential surveyor the same question. How do practitioners make sure there is a real difference between these two important professional services?
Phil Parnham, the technical author of RICS’s ‘Survey of Residential Property guidance note’ (2013) will tackle this thorny question head on.
On completion of this video you should be able to:
- Explain the standards that govern the HomeBuyer Report (HBR) and Building Survey (BS)
- Find out what your clients want so you can offer them the most suitable survey
- Understand some of the differences between the HBR and BS inspection routines
- Appreciate the deeper and broader nature of the BS report; and
- Take account of a broad range of issues when setting your fee
Phil will use a realistic case study to illustrate the differences and a guide to condition ratings and report writing will accompany the on-line video.
Phil Parnham is a chartered building surveyor and a director at BlueBox partners. He has many years’ experience organising and delivering a range of training services for those working in the residential property sector. Phil has also written the RICS Survey Writer Sample Phrases for the RICS Condition and HomeBuyer Reports, and a number of other books including The Surveyor’s Guide to Home Surveys, Domestic Energy Assessor’s Handbook, and Assessing Building Services for the RICS, and Residential Property Appraisal for Spon Press.
£30.00 + VAT