Registering for and downloading Zoom
- Go to Zoom sign up page – https://zoom.us/signup
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Insert your email address.
- You will receive an email to activate your account.
- Click “Activate account” in the email you have received.
- Complete your details and create a password.
- You will be asked to “Invite your colleagues”. At this stage, tick the box “I’m not a robot” and press “Skip this step”.
- Click “Start meeting now”.
- Press the hyperlink ‘download and run Zoom’ in the bottom right corner of the central window. This will download Zoom as an application on your computer or laptop.
- Once the download is complete, you will need to click the box in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- A new window will appear and you will need to click “Run”.
- Zoom will install and the application will open.
- You may need to sign into Zoom at this stage, entering the email and password used during the sign up process.
To join the live webinar
- 24 hours prior to the live webinar we will send you an email containing a link to join the live webinar.
- When you are ready to join the webinar on the day, you will need to click this link which will either take you straight into the Live Webinar on Zoom or will take you to the Zoom website.
- If it takes you to the Zoom website a dropdown from the top of the screen will appear giving you the option to either “Open Zoom” or “Open URL: Zoom Launcher”. This will open the Zoom application. If the dropdown does not appear, press “click here” in the window to prompt the dropdown to appear.
- You will now be in the meeting! A pop-up will appear asking if you would like to join with audio. Click “Join with audio”. This will enable you to hear the speaker, but they will not be able to hear you.
During the live webinar
- The speakers will be unable to see and hear you during the session, whilst their presentation and a small image of them will be visible on your screen.
- Each of our speakers will be allocating some time to answer questions you may have at the end of their presentation.
- We will be using the Q&A function which can be found at the bottom of the window where you can type your questions.