Commercial Rent (Coronavirus) Act 2022
£25 plus VATBook Now
Speaker: Sarah Thompson-Copsey
CPD Time: 1 hour
Duration: 1 hour
In March 2022 the restrictions on forfeiture, CRAR and statutory demands for failure to pay rent end and the government anticipates that the Commercial Rent (Coronavirus) Act 2022 will be law. What does this mean for landlords and tenants and what steps should the landlord take to ensure maximum rent recoverability?
- What is a “protected rent debt” and how long is the “protected period”?
- What restrictions are in place on landlords’ remedies for such debt?
- What is the “approved” arbitration process and how does it work?
- What can the arbitrator determine in respect of the outstanding debt?
- What remedies remain and are all tenants protected?
Sarah Thompson-Copsey, Non-Practising Solicitor, Legal Lecturer and Trainer
£25.00 + VAT