Estates can present all manner of different problems for the unfortunate personal representatives.
This session will look at:
- The dangers of insolvent estates: what should (and shouldn’t) you do?
- Avoiding IHT penalties in relation to IHT Accounts
- Avoiding problems with Charities
After watching this webinar you will be able to
- Decide who should administer an insolvent estate
- Follow the rules of priority as to payment of creditors
- Avoid making payments that will not be ratified by the court
- Identify situations in which assets should be appropriated to a charity before sale
- Identify circumstances in which Charities Act 2011, s117 applies
- Make appropriate enquiries in relation to lifetime transfers by a deceased
- Take appropriate steps to value assets for IHT purposes
PROFESSOR LESLEY KING
Professor Lesley King of the University of Law is co-author of Wills, Taxation and Administration: A Practical Guide; A Modern Approach to Wills, Administration and Estate Planning (with Precedents); A Practitioner’s Guide to Wills; Wills: A Practical Guide and editor of The Probate Practitioner’s Handbook. She is the wills and probate columnist for the Law Society Gazette, and writes and lectures extensively on wills, taxation and related matters.