The aim of this seminar is to summarise the changes to the law contained in the Act which gained Royal Assent on 14 May 2014 and to consider the impact they will have on drafting and estate administration. Topics covered will include:
- Division between spouse and issue
- How much is the statutory legacy?
- What are personal chattels?
- Who are included as ‘children’ of the intestate?
- Amendments to the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependents) Act 1975
- Changes to trustees’ powers
- Impact on drafting and estate administration
On completion of this video you should be able to:
- Be able to update Will and Trust precedents
- Be primed to review estate administration procedures in line with the changes
GILL STEEL Gill is a compelling seminar and conference speaker both in house and at public events with a strong gift for making Wills, Probate, Trusts and Tax practical, engaging, authoritative and informative. She is the Author of the 3rd Edition of Trust Practitioner’s Handbook, Consultant editor Tolley’s IHT & Trusts & Estates online service. Gill is also a solicitor, has an MBA in Legal Practice Management and runs an active website for Private Client Practitioners.