- Recent developments and cases of interest
- Can the donor’s money be used to meet the needs of others?
- Current guidance on discretionary fund management
- How to disclaim and how to revoke
- GDPR and attorneys
This session will enable delegates to:
- Consider recent developments and cases of interest for LPAs
- Better understand when the attorney can use the donor’s money to meet the needs of others
- Examine current guidance on discretionary fund management
- Review how to disclaim and how to revoke an LPA appointment
- Explore how GDPR may affect attorneys
Sheree Green TEP is the Chair of the Law Society Committee on Mental Health and Disability, and member of the Court of Protection ad hoc Rules Committee. Director at Greenchurch Legal Services, Sheree is an independent panel deputy, with particular expertise in representing individuals with both mental health and mental capacity difficulties. Sheree is an experienced speaker and has delivered seminars to a wide range of audiences, including local authority teams, solicitors, the medical profession, police & CPS, carers, charitable organisations and social care providers. Sheree has also written chapters for the Law Society publications “The Assessment of Mental Capacity” and “The Elderly Client Handbook”, together with articles for the Journal of Adult Safeguarding and the Elder Law Journal.