This is a Live Webinar available via Zoom
Click here for instructions on how to set up and operate Zoom.
This is one of three one-hour live webinars which can be purchased for a discounted package price of £75 + VAT.
Private client practitioners are having to cope with an increase in people wanting to make wills at a time when face to face contact is impossible because of the Covid pandemic. Many of the issues are issues that are always with us but are simply presenting in a more extreme form.
This webinar will consider:
- Professional guidance
- Retainer issues?
- Difficulties in taking instructions
- What to do if concerned about capacity or undue influence
- Executing wills when clients are self-isolating
- Current guidance on executing and registering LPAs
There is, of course, no perfect solution but this webinar will help you assess the risks involved in acting (and not acting).
By the end of the session the delegates will:
- be aware of the options for taking instructions and getting wills executed with as little risk as possible;
- be able to adapt your office practice and procedures appropriately
Professor Lesley King of the University of Law is co-author of Wills, Taxation and Administration: A Practical Guide; A Modern Approach to Wills, Administration and Estate Planning (with Precedents); A Practitioner’s Guide to Wills; Wills: A Practical Guide and editor of The Probate Practitioner’s Handbook. She is the wills and probate columnist for the Law Society Gazette, and writes and lectures extensively on wills, taxation and related matters.