This video has been produced via Zoom in light of the Coronavirus restrictions
RICS Service Charges in Commercial Property Professional Statement, 1st edition superseded all previous RICS guidance in the field as of April 2019. As a leading authority in the field of service charges and chairman of the RICS Service Charge professional group, Peter Forrester will take an in-depth look at the principles established in the statement and give practical guidance as to how these can be implemented in day-to-day practice.
- Acting in accordance with the nine mandatory requirements for RICS members and firms
- Core principles underpinning mandatory requirements explained
- Best practice to support the core principles
- Dealing with service charge disputes under the new professional statement
To provide an update on the new RICS commercial service charge professional statement, a review of the new mandatory requirements for the industry and practical guidance to achieving compliance with best practice principles.
Following the presentation delegates should gain an understanding of:
- The new mandatory requirements for RICS qualified professionals and regulated firms
- Core principles underpinning the mandatory requirements
- Common pitfalls and poor practice to be avoided.
- Practical guidance to achieving best practice and avoiding disputes.
PETER FORRESTER FRICS
Peter Forrester is a chartered surveyor and is widely recognised as one of the leading authorities in the field of service charges. He is chairman of the RICS Service Charge Code Professional Group and the lead author of the RICS Code of Practice for service charges in commercial property. He has also written a number of books, information papers and guidance notes for RICS as well as numerous press articles, and is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars on the subject of service charges generally.
Peter is a member of the panel of experts set up by RICS to deal with the expert determination of service charge disputes and accepts appointments as an Independent Expert through the RICS or directly by agreement between the parties.
In his spare time Peter enjoys gardening, DIY and is a member of various organisations involved in the maintenance and restoration of vintage aircraft.