TERMS OF THE RENEWAL LEASE: LANDLORD AND TENANT ACT 1954
Increasingly tenants are looking to change lease terms on renewal – particularly where the impact of coronavirus has left the tenant with no income but continuing lease obligations. What lease terms can be updated or standardised on renewal under the 1954 Act?
- Will pandemic insurance or force majeure clauses become standard?
- How to approach the tricky issue of break clauses
- Alienation clauses – and compulsory AGAs
- Rent review clauses and market practice
- Repair, service charges and statutory compliance – the need for care re: MEES
Sarah Thompson-Copsey, Non-Practising Solicitor, Legal Lecturer and Trainer