TOP 10 CORONAVIRUS QUESTIONS SURVEYORS ARE ASKING LAWYERS
- Is rent still payable during forfeiture suspension?
- Can a ‘contracted-out’ lease be forfeited for non-payment of rent?
- What remedies are still available for non-payment of rent; problems with CRAR and sub-tenants
- Can the landlord forfeit for breach of the alienation covenant?
- As possession proceedings are stayed, what about squatters?
- 1954 Act notices – how to sign and serve them
- Can a tenant still break the lease? Problems with conditions + compliance
- Terminal dilapidations – practical problems caused by Government coronavirus guidance
- Keep open covenants – can they be enforced?
- Landlord’s obligations in multi-let buildings – and who pays the cost?
Sarah Thompson-Copsey, Non-Practising Solicitor, Legal Lecturer and Trainer