This is a Live Webinar available via Zoom Video Conferencing
Click here for instructions on how to set up and operate Zoom.
This is part of a package of three one-hour live webinars which can be purchased for a discounted amount of £75 + VAT.
If you would like to buy all three, you will need to add each webinar to your basket and use promotion code “LiveWeb” when making payment.
- Reversionary Leases – how to allow tenants more time to stay in the premises;
- Rent holidays and how rent deposit deeds can be used in conjunction with this;
- Deeds of variation;
- The logistics of signing when parties are in isolation;
- Challenges with the Land Registry;
- Prevention of money laundering – how do you comply with your statutory duties when you cannot meet parties and the market levels are not clear?
By the end of the session the delegates will:
- Understand the implications to consider when dealing with requests to delay or suspend rent, whether they represent landlords or tenants;
- Appreciate some of the issues around reversionary leases and pitfalls commonly encountered;
- Have a suite of options available on the logistics of signing documents both by companies and by individuals; and
- Be aware of the increased issues for prevention of money laundering posed by the current crisis.
Suzanne Gill is a partner at Wedlake Bell, an independent law firm in London. She specialises in advising commercial property occupiers and investors, particularly office, retail and telecommunications premises. Her expertise includes advice to high net worth individuals on investment in and disposal of properties in the UK, both residential and commercial. She represents business occupiers on new premises and the structuring of existing property portfolios, and acts for occupiers and investors in the acquisition, management and disposal of properties. Suzanne also advises developers on complex site acquisitions. Suzanne is the author of the UK property chapter in Sweet & Maxwell’s “Global Telecommunications Law & Practice” and commercial property editor of the Law Society Gazette.